Junior Leadership Team
What is The Junior Leadership Team?
The Junior Leadership Team is group of students who are elected to represent the views of all pupils and work together to improve their school. We follow a democratic process to elect the Leaders. If they wish to become a Junior leader the pupils must give a short speech to their class and, when appropriate, a wider audience, a secret vote then takes place.
Who are the Junior Leadership Team?
At Halsnead the Junior Leadership team is led by the Head Boy and Head Girl, who are children in year 6.
They help lead and manage the following:
1. A Junior Behaviour Panel
2. An English Team
3. A Maths Team
4. A Curriculum Team
5. The Class Ambassadors
6. A Community Team
What do the Junior Leadership Team do?
As part of the Pupil Leadership Team you will support the Governing Body, Head teacher, teachers and all other members of staff to find ways of improving the school experience for all pupils. Your role will include looking at the teaching and learning that goes on in classrooms as well as the more general aspects of life at school. You will be the representative for all pupils to enable them to have a say in improving their own education and developing new ideas for the future.
The Junior Leadership Team meet staff regulary and discuss issues that are important to the children. They have an agenda which they create, a member of the JLT takes the minutes and another chairs the meeting.
Some things that our Junior Leadership Team does are:
1. Attend Meetings
2. Bring what you need to the meeting and look after any information you are given
3. Listen to the views and opinions of your class and bring ideas that will improve our school
4. Respect everyone’s ideas and opinions
5. Give information to your class – ask your teacher for a time to do this
6. Present ideas during assembly
7. Work with other adults and governors to audit and improve areas of our school
8. Provide support to other children
9. Welcome visitors and help celebrate our learning.
How can you become a member of the Junior Leadership Team?
Junior Leaders must model our School Values and our Golden Rules at all times.